- Veneers are thin pieces of durable porcelain that are custom made (for shape and color) by a professional dental lab. They are bonded onto the front of teeth to create a beautiful and attractive smile. They can often be alternatives to crowns and the ideal solution for treating many dental conditions.Veneers are very durable and will last many years, giving you a beautiful long lasting smile, however, as with most dental restorations, they are not permanent and may someday need replacement.
REASONS FOR PORCELAIN VENEERS:
- Unwanted or uneven spaces
- Worn or chipped teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Severely discolored or stained teeth
- Teeth that are too small or large
- Cosmetically, to create a uniform, white, beautiful smile
WHAT DOES GETTING PORCELAIN VENEERS INVOLVE?
Getting veneers usually requires 2 dental visits to complete the process, with little or no anesthesia required during the procedure. The teeth are prepared by lightly buffing and shaping the surface to allow for the thickness of the veneer. An impression of the teeth is taken and a shade is chosen by you and your dentist.
On the second visit, the teeth are cleansed to achieve a durable bond. Bonding cement is then placed between the tooth and veneer and a special light is used to harden and set the bond.
You will receive specific care instructions for veneers. Proper oral hygiene and regular dental visits will aid in the life of your new veneers.
At Reliance Dental we care about your questions and concerns. We’ve collected some popular questions and answers to provide insight and clarification with regards to various oral health issues. If you have an issue that you don’t see here, please don’t hesitate to call our office. We look forward to seeing your smile!