- Teeth whitening (or bleaching) is a cosmetic dentistry solution that we are excited to offer. One of our methods is the Zoom!® Professional Whitening System; a simple, non-invasive dental treatment used to change the color of natural tooth enamel and is an ideal way to enhance the beauty of your smile. Since tooth whitening only works on natural tooth enamel, it is important to evaluate replacement of any old fillings, crowns, etc. Replacement of any restorations will be done after bleaching so they will match the newly bleached teeth. Tooth whitening is not permanent. A touch-up maybe needed every several years, and more often if you smoke, drink coffee, tea, or wine.
REASONS FOR TEETH WHITENING:
- Yellow, brown stained teeth
- Normal wear of outer tooth layer
- Stained teeth due to medications (tetracycline antibiotics, etc.)
- Fluorosis (excessive fluoridation during tooth development)
HOW DOES ZOOM!® WHITENING WORK?
The Zoom!® light-activated gel is a scientifically formulated, pH balanced Hydrogen Peroxide that, when activated by the Zoom!® light, gently penetrates the teeth to remove deep stains and discoloration. With proper care and an occasional touch-up at home, your whiter smile will shine for years.